Technique : Oil, acrylic, mixed media, lithography
Benoît Simard was born in 1942 in Lac St-Jean, Quebec.
He studied psychology at Laval University from 1965 and continued at Sherbrooke University, where he obtained his Masters degree in 1973. He has been a member of the Professional Order of Psychologists of Quebec since 1973. He taught psychology until 1980 when he decided to completely dedicate himself to painting.
This self taught artist has participated in more that thirty group exhibits in the Province of Quebec, France, Italy, New York, and Calgary and has held just as many solo exhibits.
- National Library of Quebec in Montreal
- Canadian National Library in Ottawa
- The Prime Minister’s Cabinet in France
- Imperial Tabacco, The Quebec Fine Arts Museum
- The Vatican Museum
- City of Saint-Paul de Vence (France), medal for the category Composition
- International Painting and Sculpting Grand Prize (1974)
- Family Merit, Painting Category, Quebec 1987