Technique : Oil
Born in Sicily in 1953, Jose Salvaggio moved to France as a child and now resides in the Haute-Marne.
As an accomplished landscape artist, Jose Salvaggio attended both the School of Paris where he studied with well known painter Paul Andebourhr, and the School of Emilie Simon, also in France, where he studied with Claude Marin. Through a judicious choice of tones and delicate brushstrokes, Salvaggio orchestrates light in such a way that his work radiates warmth and sensitivity. Salvaggio was influenced by impressionist masters Claude Monet and Alfred Sisley.
- Magazin' Art, biennial guide to Canadian artists in galleries, 2002-2003
- Journal de la Haute-Marne, 05-11-2001
- Journal Lacroix, Haute-Marne, 10-2001
- La valeur de l'art, revue, France, 07-1993
- Société Général de Financement, and many private collections in Canada, Europe, the United States and Japan
Prizes and honours
- He has won many prizes including 1st prize awarded by ‘Les Amis des Arts de St-Didier’ France