Technique : Acrylic
Born in Montreal, Quebec, in 1954, Lyse Paquette has been drawing since she was a child. Her mother taught her the rudiments of painting. Her inborn creative talents led her to study graphic design at the Studio Salette in Montreal and later on, drawing, at the Saydie Bronfman art centre. In the past ten years, she has developed a very personal approach.
Her small paintings give a feeling of intimacy while the larger ones exude a great freedom of gesture; a duality that vanishes between the play of strong shadows and the intense luminosity of colours.
- Parcours, Spring 2010 edition, pg.98-99
- Magazin’ Art, biennial guide of canadian artists in galleries, 2011-2012 and previous years
- Magazin’ Art, Winter 2002-2003 edition, article pg.62 (French version) and pg.101 (English version)
- “Lyse Paquette, l’audacieuse”, p.62-64
- Her paintings are found in many private collections in Canada, United States and Europe.
- 2008 - 2th Public’s choice, Villa des Arts Liliane Bruneau, Sainte-Agathe
- 2006 - Athena Bronze prize from L’Académie Internationale des beaux-arts du Québec