Technique : Oil
Santiago Panichini was born in Puerto Montt, Chile, in 1961.
Early in his life, Panichini discovered drawing and colouring, which eventually led him to painting. Panichini was quickly noticed for his drawing skills and for the simplicity of his compositions. At age twelve, he began learning the fundamentals of watercolour and oil painting. At eighteen, he undertook formal art studies at the school for talents INBA in Santiago. Gradually, the young artist became famous. At age twenty, the Chilean press praised his work, which was exhibited in important galleries and acquired by private collectors.
In 1990, like an imaginary explorer, he arrived in Montreal, Canada, ready to face new challenges and to conquer an unknown land. As an impressionist, it is within urban scenery that he finds his daily inspiration. His vigorous and richly expressive brush strokes are what characterize his style
- 1993 - Casa de Arte Pablo Urzua, Santiago, Chile
- 1992 - Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- 1989 - La fachada del corregidor, Santiago, Chile
- 1988 - Award of Excellence VI National Art Competition, Valdivia y su rio, Validivia, Chile
- 1987 - Finalist, Pintando Providencia, competition, Santiago, Chile
- 1986 - Second Award of Excellence, Cultural Program «International Youth's Year» Santiago, Chile