Technique : Oil
Lucille Marcotte was born in 1951 in Magog.
In 2000, Lucille Marcotte began her Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts at Laval University. She had previously completed a Bachelor's and Master's degree at the University of Quebec in Psychology, as well as a degree in Education and Cultural Research. Several years later, she decided to leave her career in Psychology to follow her dream and work as a painter.
In her art pieces, the body appears to be a privileged object. The female figure is shown alone in a universe free from societies preconceptions. The woman' s force and fragility come together as one in the painting, but leave the viewer longing to understand her thoughts.
The exposition “L’ Invitation au Voyage”“le Violon Bleu” was supported by the “Délégation du Québec” in London. During this event, the artist was rewarded for the remarkable quality of her work.
- 2008 - L’invitation au voyage, Le Violon Bleu Art Gallery, London
- 2007 - Se réinventer, Galerie Saint-Dizier à Montréal
- 2005 - Si loin, Si près, Estampe Plus Gallery, Quebec
- 2004 - L'attente, Agur Gallery, Sutton
- 2004 - Prague City Hall
- 2003 - Civilization Museum, Quebec, Culture Day
- 2002 - Le Saint-Victoire, Quebec
- International Contemporary Artists, volume V, pg.165
- Magazin’Art, Winter 2009-2010 edition, pg. 127-130
- Parcours, Art and Art of Living Magazine, Spring 2005 (vol.11)
- Le journal de Québec, daily newspaper, May 2005
- Le Soleil, daily newspaper, May 2005
- Le journal de Montréal, daily newspaper, May 2005
- Radio Canada 106.3, radio station interview
- Rock Détente 107.5, radio station interview
- TVA, La vie à Québec, television station interview