Technique : Mixed media, sculpture
Born in Montreal Diane Lelièvre now lives in St-Bruno.
For twenty years, all the while she was painting and taking art lessons, She only began exposing her creations in 1988. From 1991 to 1992, Lelièvre worked on completing and perfecting her style at the Saidye Bronfman Centre for the Arts in Montreal.
In 2001, Lelièvre obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts from the University of Quebec in Montreal.
Lelièvre’ s paintings are textured, reason being, the artist likes to add sand, paper, rope, metal, calligraphy, and fabrics to her work. Diane will often use earth tones and different nuances of grey, making reference to bark and rocks. An “orange-red” colour is always present in her work; this colour being the symbol of passion and being in relation with her whole theme of Mother-Earth, land that is nourishing, land of our origins.
- Parcours, autumn 2004 edition-Volume 10, number 3, pg.5 and 90
- “Le Ritual” in the catalogue the “Biennale de l’art et le papier III”, 1998
- Publication of the painting named «Les patineurs», Medical Actuality, 1992
- Ville de Saint-Bruno de Montarville, Quebec
- Pratt & Whitney, Longueuil, Quebec
- Alzeihmer Society of the South Shore, Quebec
- Logistec company, Contrecoeur, Quebec
- J.C Boudreault Ltee, Quebec
- 2003 - Visual Art Centre of St-Hubert, mention “coup de Coeur”
- 2000 - 1st prize during the exposition contest of the city Saint-Bruno de Montarville
- 2nd painting prize at the “International Gala of Visual Arts” at the Montreal Art Place