View artworks of Pierre Garon
Born in Matane, Quebec, in 1911.
Pierre Garon began to draw at a very young age, and in 1955 he began to paint with a select group of painters namely, René Richard, Léo Ayotte, Arthur Genest, Stanley Cosgrove as well as Albert Rousseau with whom he worked for almost 10 years. He exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Fine Arts in New York in 1979 and at the Gallery Mouffe in Paris and St-Moritz in 1976.
- Magazin’ Art, biennial guide of Canadian artists in galleries, 2002-2003 and earlier years
- Magazin’ Art winter edition 1997-1998, article pg.33 (French version)
- Société Artistique de Charlesbourg, monthly, 09-1987, 05-1995
- Banque National
- Caisses Populaires Desjardins
- L’Union Canadienne
- La Laurentienne Cie d’Assurance
- les Consultants KVS, Québec
Prizes and honours
- Every year, a commemorative plate bearing the name of Pierre Garon is given to a personality of Charlesbourg.
- A cultural building was named after Pierre Garon in the historical part of Charlesbourg.