Born in Amqui, Quebec, in 1934, Laurette Drouin now resides in the Quebec City region.
Laurette Drouin has been painting for many years. Working alongside the likes of Francesco Iacurto, Maurice Lebon, Bruno Côté, Rémi Clark and St-Gilles, she developed a style of her own representing with great artistry the best of Quebec’ s landscapes. Often bathed in a soft pink or yellow light, her works exude warmth and serenity.
- Magazin’ Art, biennial guide to Canadian artists in galleries, 2002-2003 and prior years
- Agenda d’ Art, Communimage ed., 1996
- Journal de Montreal, daily newspaper, 1996
- 2005 - President of Honour for the “Symposium de la Societé Artistique” of Ste-Foy.
- Ciment Lafarge
- Consulat of the United States
- Société Général de Financement Québec
- CIBC, Quebec
Prizes and honours
- Prize of the exhibition, Place aux artistes, Museum of Civilisation, Quebec (1996)