Jae Dougall was born in the Philippines in 1956. She now resides in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Canadian painter Jae Dougall continues to be inspired by Dutch modernist painters like Kees Van Dongen, Van Gogh and Jan Sluijters. She has a distinct and immediately recognizable style as she explores vivid colours and lyrical lines with bold strokes. Jae is a colourist with a focus and love for still lifes, figuratives and nudes. Jae starts her works with dark grounds, then surfaces to light and structure with use of intense colours.
“I love the use and play of multiple perspectives making the picture much more engaging and innovative.”
- Parcours magazine, Spring edition 2006, pg.80-81
- Magazin’ Art, Spring edition 2001, article pg.76-78 (French version) and pg.106-108 (English version)
- Boulevard magazine, edition 2004, pg.56-57
- Vancouver magazine, October edition 1998, pg. 100
- An extensive list of private collections include: Lyon and Toulouse, France, Jordan, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Guernsey Island, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington state and D.C., South Carolina, Arizona, Boca Raton, New Mexico, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.