Jean Dotaro was born in Lyon, France, in 1934.
As an accomplished landscape and marine artist, he participated in several watercolour workshops offered by the City of Paris. Member of the Salon des Artistes Français, he took part in the most important salons in France. Eventhough Dotaro draws and paints on location, he also works with photographs that he later paints in his studio. Before starting a painting, he composes the landscape in his mind and then, once he is fully impregnated by the image, he makes several sketches.
- Dictionnaire des Peintres Français de la Mer et la Marine, Jean-Noël Marchand
- Sauzon-Le regard des peintres, Belboech
Prizes and honours
- Gold medal, City of Bernay
- Prize, French landscape artists
- Bronze medal, City of Paris
- Prize, Rotary Club Antony, Chatenay, Chaville
- Silver medal, Conseil Général de l’Essonne
- Prize, Lion’s Club, Lion’s Club