Shana was born in 1967 in Fergana-City, Uzbekistan in the former Soviet Union.
She studied art at the Benkoff Art College, in Tashkent-city, graduating in 1984 as a scenic artist. Continuing her education, she studied at the Ostrosky State University of Fine Arts in Tashkent-city, graduating from Film and Television Arts. In 1999, Shana and her family moved to Canada, where they continue to reside today.
As a child Shana was always drawing and painting, but she never aspired to become a full-time artist. The career found her, and even now she finds it difficult to think of herself as a successful artist. Discussing her work proves to be challenging, as she is still very much in awe of her own success.
Shana says her inspiration comes from inside. Rather than choosing her subjects, she allows them to choose her. She likes to paint objects and scenes that evoke an emotion in her. Shana draws upon her memories and experiences to provide her with subjects. Shana prefers to work with oils and acrylics, but she also enjoys experimenting with new mediums, always open to seeing what can be rather that what is.Shana’ s paintings are in many private and corporate collections throughout Europe and North America.
- 2004 - New York ArtExpo, New York, NY USA
- 2004 - IDS Show Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2004 - WCAF Show Las Vegas, NV, USA
- 2003 - Atlanta Décor Expo, Atlanta, GA, USA2001 Former Soviet Union Artists Association, Canada
- 2000 - Cassa Café, Toronto, Canada
- 1997 - Krakow Business Club, Poland
- 1997 - Mars Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- 1995 - Palette Art Contest , Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 1994 - Na Okole Gallery, Krakow, Poland
- 1991 - October Exhibit Hall, Moscow, Russia
- 1991 - House of Union of Architects, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 1990 - House of Cinematographers, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 1990 - Exhibit Hall of the Ilkhom Theatre, Tashkent, Uzbekistan