Technique: Mixed media
Vincent Cordo was born in Saint-Hyacinthe, in 1972.
While on a stroll in the Old Montreal, he meets Lysanne Pépin, a Montreal painter who has her art studio on Saint-Paul Street. This encounter was to change Cordo’ s life forever. It also instigated a passion deep inside of him that he had, beforehand, no knowledge of. Another turning point in Cordo’ s life was seeing one of Toulouse- Lautrec’s paintings. This provoked the artist in Cordo to emerge.
After 10 years of exploration, Cordo finally discovered a form of expression that he personified. Through the female character, Cordo’s creative expression is brought forth. He tends to capture the modern woman who has to co-exist with the many facets of everyday life.
The modern woman needs to be professional by day, mother in the evening, and mistress when night falls. Modern woman must juggle with many different lives. The modern woman is aware that life today offers nothing permanent. She must be in constant movement and always alert.
When one gazes upon a Cordo painting, one is transported into a universe that is tinted with softness and voluptuousness. The atmosphere in Cordo’s paintings is accentuated by the various mediums he uses; such as the glossy varnish, the insertion of words, and the wood pieces. All of these elements are there to enrapture the viewer. His women are sometimes charming, mystic, or imbued with desire.
The setting in Cordo’s paintings brings one to search the same momentary evasion and bliss that his female characters project.
Events and Media coverage
- Le courrier St-Hyacinthe Newspaper May and November 2009
- Le Parcours des arts et Art de Vivre Magazine Winter edition 2010
- Magazin'Art Fall edition 2010
- Salon des Vins de Montréal 2011
- Sofadéco Magazine Fall edition 2010
- Canadian House & Home Fall edition 2010
- Salon des Vins de Québec / March 2011
- Tourist Magazine Charlevoix / 2011
- Condodéco Magazine March 2011
- Fashion show with the serie Haute Couture sur Talons-hauts June 2011 Space Gallery B8, Québec
- Le courrier de Saint-Hyacinthe February 2011
- Interview Cogeco, Autrement vu / 2011
- Interview Cogeco, Connecté / 2011
- Planète Jazz publicity 91,5 fm September 2011
- Le Voir newspaper, / 2011
- L'Émeraude Gallery, Saint-Paul, Montréal
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, Sault-au-Matelot, Québec
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, Simcoe Street, Toronto
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, St-Jean Baptiste, Baie-St-Paul
- Las Olas Fine arts Gallery , Las Olas Blvd, Ft-Lauderdale
- Le Local & Le Hangar, Montréal
- L'espiègle, Montréal
- La Queue de Veau, Québec
- 2000-2009 - Amandine, Saint-Hyacinthe
- 1999-2003 - Bonheur du Jour Gallery, Magog
- 2001-2002 - Molinari Gallery, Sainte-Catherine, Montreal
- 2001-2003 - Roussil Bélanger Gallery, Montreal
- 2002 - Artitude Gallery, St-Denis, Montreal
- 2009 - Le Luxart Gallery, St-Paul, Montreal
- Lili les bains Haute-Couture
- Notre-Dame, Montreal
- Actuary Bergeron and Ass
- Carré-victoria, Montreal Restaurant
- Ladies on the Lake, Magog