Technique: Mixed media, acrylic
Virginia Pésémapéo-Bordeleau, (Pésémapéo meaning rainbow in the Cree language). Born in Rapides-des-Cèdres, Quebec, in 1951.
Virginia Pésémapéo-Bordeleau acquired her fine arts degree in 1988 from the University of Quebec in Abitibi. Concerning her artistic approach, Bordeleau says: “In my work, people and animals come together on canvas and represent the milieu I come from… I create my own images from dreams, souvenirs, readings, or meetings. These are inspired by the mythology of mother earth and most particularly, by my protective spirit; the bear.” She has participated in over 30 art exhibitions in Quebec, in France, and in Denmark.
- Magazin’art, biennial guide to Canadian artists in galleries, 2002-2003 and previous years
- L’Écho, newspaper, article, 02-1999
- Voir, weekly, article, 11-1997
- Le Devoir, daily, article, 07-1997
- De l’autre côté du ciel, children's story book, illustrations, H.M.V., 1995
- Bâtiments d’acier Finar
- Loto Québec, Montréal
- Ministère des affaires culturelles, direction régionale Rouyn-Noranda
- Présidente de la République d’Irlande
- Radio Canada
Prizes and honours
- Guest to Printemps du Québec à Paris, Carousel du Louvres, Paris, France, 1999
- Lauréate, Concours de reproductions d’œuvres régionales, Abitibi-Témiscamingue, 1983