Born in St-Pascal-de-Kamouraska, Quebec in 1928 Madeleine Béchard passed away in 2016 in Trois-Rivières.
Madeleine Béchard taught at the Chanoine Beaudet Institute in St-Pascal-de-Kamouraska from 1945 to 1949. She then studied the technique of oil painting with Pierre Labrecque in Charlevoix from 1987-1988. From 1991 to 1996 she pursued her art studies at the Beaux-Arts in Montreal and finally with Louis Desaultiers.
There is a sort of timelessness about her work, where form and colour softly blend in. Meanwhile, figures elegantly glide through the canvas.
- Le Nouvelliste, Trois Rivières
- Le courrier du sud, Brossard
- Télé communautaire
- L’éclaireur régional, Victoriaville
- Cultural Centre of Shawinigan
- Mouvements Desjardins
- Town of Shawinigan
- RBC Dominion Securities inc.
- Key Production, FL, USA
Prizes and honours
- Juried Work, Symposium de Drummondville, 2001 et de la Mauricie, Shawinigan, 1998/2001
- Juried Work, Hall des Arts, Brossard, 2000
- Juried Work, Musée Laurier, 1996