Technique: Mixed media
Martin Beaupré was born in Quebec City in 1961.
Martin Beaupré has been painting for over 30 years. Through exploration, he has developed a very harmonious balance with his internal and external forces. Inspired by Eastern culture, he expresses ancestral spirituality with a modern approach. In his paintings, the vast white spaces contrast with different shades of more vivid, evocative colors that are carefully and patiently applied. Huge mountains appear as if they are floating in the sky, with meditative monks or an illuminated face of the Buddha that encompasses the immensity of the setting in which it is placed.
Martin is an intuitive painter who explores his senses. The taïko drums, typical of the Japanese culture, often serve as his soundtrack, as he begins his paintings with calligraphy inspired gestural strokes, using the rhythm found in the music. He finishes his pieces with detail and finesse, creating a symbiosis of energy and aesthetics.
“My voice is my creative energy, and I strive to speak without restraint by totally letting go, and this philosophy grants me pure happiness every day.” Martin Beaupré
- Parcours, Summer edition 2009, p. 106-107
- Magazin’Art, Fall edition 2009, p. 155-158
- Magazin’Art, biennial guide to Canadian artists in galleries, 2009-2010
- Maisons prestige magazine, 2008
- Daily news, Saint-Barthélemy, French West Indies, 2008
- 2009 Galerie Porte A 34, Saint-Barthélemy, Antilles Françaises
- 2007 - Galerie Trompe-L’œil, Quebec (Quebec)
- 2004 - Galerie Trompe-L’œil, Quebec (Quebec)
- 2013 to today - Galerie d'art Beauchamp, Quebec (Quebec), Canada
- Galerie d'art Beauchamp at Baie St- Paul (Quebec), Canada, Canada
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, Toronto (Ontario), Canada
- Dominguez Art Gallery, Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada
- Legends Fine Art Gallery La Jolla, La Jolla (California), USA
- Lu Martin Galleries, Laguna Beach (California), USA
- La Nuit des galeries in Quebec (2010 - 2013)
- Harmonie d’automne in Baie St-Paul (2010 - 2012)